Laser Tattoo Removal at Embrace Ageless Beauty
Having a permanent symbol of your love, a saying or a name may have seemed like a good idea at the time, but you’re not alone if you’ve grown tired of seeing a tattoo every day. In addition, many of our laser tattoo removal patients are in the process of enlisting in the military (Thank you!!), and new requirements prohibit visible tattoos. Either way, we have a solution.
At Embrace, we use the Rohrer Spectrum YAG laser to remove tattoos of all shapes and sizes. Since technology has progressed so significantly in recent years, the complete removal of a tattoo is possible in many cases. The Rohrer Spectrum platform at Embrace features a specialized tattoo removal handpiece known as the Q-Switched Yag or KTP Laser. This device employs dual wavelengths to get rid of more tattoo color pigments in less time than lasers that use a single wavelength. The handpiece essentially works by breaking tattoo pigments into particles that are tiny enough to be removed through the body’s natural filtering system.
Do some tattoo colors remove more easily than others?
Black, red, and green are the easiest colors to remove. Blue and purple can be more challenging but will usually respond well to the laser. White, yellow, and orange can be very difficult to get total removal with the use of lasers.
How much does tattoo removal cost?
The cost for tattoo removal is based on the size of the tattoo and the number of colors. We recommend you come in for a free consultation with one of our certified laser specialists prior to your treatment so we can evaluate the tattoo and the likelihood of success in its removal. Upon completion of the consultation, we will give you an exact price quote for the removal.
How many treatments will I need?
On average, tattoo removal typically takes 5-9 treatments spaced about 6 weeks apart. The treatments need to be spaced so that the body will have time to re-absorb the color that is broken down by the laser during the treatments. Some patients may be quicker, and some may require 10 or more. Factors that go into the number of treatments include the quality of the tattoo ink used, the number of colors in the tattoo, the age of the tattoo, and its size.
Does laser tattoo removal work for all skin types?
Unfortunately, the answer is “no.” Lasers operate by looking for differences in color. Our specialists will often recommend that patients with darker skin come in for a patch test – free of charge – to determine whether the laser will remove not only the pigment of the tattoo (which is a good thing) but also the pigment in the skin (not so much).
Is there anyone who is not a candidate for laser tattoo removal?
Anyone who is pregnant or nursing. We just cannot do laser treatments during this special time in your life. Also, we don’t perform laser treatments on anyone who has used Accutane in the last 24 months.
What do I need to know or do before treatment?
Here are our pre- and post-treatment instructions. Please let us know if you have any questions.
The following instructions should be followed closely except when instructed. Notify Embrace of any unusual changes in your condition and feel free to call the office at (701) 751-7244 with any questions. We want your treatment to be as effective and comfortable as possible.
Please advise us about all of your medical conditions and medications before you have your treatment, as there are some that prevent us from performing Laser Tattoo Removal. These include, but are not limited to the following:
- If you are pregnant or nursing
- If you have taken Accutane at any time in the past two years.
- If you have an active herpes infection, you may not have the treatment until it resolves. If you are prone to herpes but do not have an active infection, please let us know and we can prescribe prophylactic antivirals.
Before your Treatment
- Avoid sun exposure, including tanning beds for 3 weeks before the treatment. Tanned skin has extra melanin which attracts laser energy and may lead to pigmentation changes in the skin.
The Day of Your Treatment
- You may use Tylenol for discomfort.
- For those who are sensitive to the treatment, Embrace has Pro-Nox available to make the process comfortable. If Pro-Nox is used, we ask the patient to stay for an additional 30 minutes after the procedure to allow the effects to wear off.
After your Treatment
- You may use ice packs before treatment to reduce discomfort.
- Avoid applying any lotion, sunscreen, perfume, or other similar cosmetics to the surface of your skin on the treatment area for 1 week.
- Avoid sun exposure, including tanning beds for 3 weeks after the treatment. Tanned skin has extra melanin which attracts laser energy and may lead to pigmentation changes in the skin.